Sunday, February 3, 2008

Shy.......... Not



Shy........No I just act like it when mommy wants my picture taken!
Friday was Adelyn's turn for a date with Mommy! We put on our Fancy outfits and headed downtown to the Empire Theatre where we saw Madeline & the Bad Hat! I must say it was very entertaining & Adelyn all of 2 sat through it amazingly! My little baby is becoming cultured! The theatre was beautiful with the most elegant Gold leaf painting. The musical was about a very curious little girl, Madeline who attended boarding school in Paris and she meets a new neighbor, the Spanish Ambassadors son, Pepito who is quite a pill. Which is why Maeline calls him the bad hat, someone who causes trouble! He is very mischevious & very cruel to animals!! But then Madeline made a vow to never call him a Bad Hat if he promised to never be cruel to animals! And somewhere along the way Madeline taught the Ambassador that Pepito was always getting into trouble because he was lonely and missed his father! And you know how it ended, the Ambassador suddenly had more time for Pepito & all was back to fine & dandy in Paris! A great story, it taught me no matter how important and crazy our life often seems, the most important things in our life cannot be put on hold! They keep growing even without our personal attention of water and nourishment! I know I need to stop sometimes and relish in the moment, enjoy each day to the fullest for they seem to go by so fast! Except of course when our baby's are sick, husbands are out of town, or when life has just dealt us a bad case of the blues, then the day seems to linger, whats the cure? I guess just to put back on my big girl pants and ge back at it, someone needs me!!!!

Thanks Kim for giving us the tickets, we really enjoyed ourselves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that was showing! How fun. They are so lucky to have you.

Honorary Indian said...

I totally love your comment, "just put back on my big girl pants and get back at it...someone needs me!"

Very well put! :) I will definitely remember that in the future the next time I feel like running away from home. :)